Want to build a complete, production-ready social network mobile app like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter? This is the course for you!
WHAT WILL WE BE BUILDING?
In this course, we’ll use the best in Flutter and Firebase to build a complete social network from zero to deployment called FlutterShare that you can publish on the Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
WHAT DOES THE APP FEATURE?
- An Amazing Realtime Social Network App
- A Timeline just like in Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
- An Activity Feed for all User Interactions
- Live In-App User Notifications
- Media Sharing between Users
- User Following / Unfollowing (with past / future posts added to timeline)
- Realtime Messaging, Liking and Unliking for Posts
- Profile Customization (i.e. Display Name, User Bio, etc)
- Social Login with Google
- Using Device Camera for Image Uploads
- Captioning Posts with Description and Current Location (Geolocation)
- Finding other App Users with Full-Text Search
WHAT CONCEPTS ARE COVERED?
- A Complete Masterclass on Firebase / Firestore with Flutter
- Uploading Media Files with Firebase Storage + Image Compression Techniques
- Google SignIn / Social Login with Flutter
- Push Notifications with Firebase Messaging for Realtime User Updates
- Taking Pictures / Picking Images for Upload with Flutter
- Detecting User Location with Geolocation for Flutter
- Build and Deploy (many) Firebase Functions
- Complete CRUD Functionality in Realtime with Cloud Firestore
- All the Realtime Firestore Database Triggers (onCreate, onUpdate, onDelete)
- Deployment to Google Play Store and Apple App Store
- Working with Streams, Futures and Updating State
- Media Queries and Device Orientation for Responsive App Design
- Animations and Page Transitions
- SVG Images and Image Caching for Performance
- Form Validation and Error Handling
- Custom Theme Creation and Fonts
- Handling Async Data with FutureBuilders, StreamBuilders, and Async / Await Functions
- Tons of Practical, Straightforward and Repeatable App-Building Patterns
- And much more
WHAT ELSE DOES THIS COURSE OFFER?
– Deep, Fine-Grained Learning – This course is jam-packed with information. I made the course that I most wanted to take and as a result, I didn't skimp on the details. You're going to cover more topics and material in greater depth than ever before.
– 100% Real-World Practice – My goal is to get you writing code as much as possible. And not just any code–we'll be working exclusively on practical tasks that are instrumental in building your own amazing real-world apps.
– No-Nonsense, Spot-On Explanations - Every lesson is to-the-point. I break down what we're making, how we'll be doing it and what the final product will look like, all on top of helpful and illustrative descriptions to aid your understanding along the way.
I really enjoyed making this course and I think you’ll enjoy taking it just as much.
I'm looking forward to seeing you within the course!
I'm a professional developer and consultant, passionate about learning and teaching effectively. I believe in delivering content that's highly practical and to-the-point. Above all, I want to give you the skills to thrive in the fast-paced industry of web and mobile development.
PreviewSignin Splash Page (8:11)
PreviewCreating Custom Theme (5:55)
PreviewCompleting Authentication Flow (12:51)
PreviewNavigation and Pages (9:16)
PreviewBuilding a Reusable Header Widget (6:50)
PreviewAdding Page Animations for Better UX (4:00)
PreviewMaking Reusable Loading Widgets (4:34)